A downloadable game for Windows
Submission for Global Game Jam 2023
CATastrophe strikes - get to the root of the problem!
C:\ATASTROPHE is a hectic, fast-paced action/bullet hell game where you play as a virtual pet cat wreaking havoc on an unattended computer. Get to the root directory to save your owner's computer from certain self-destruction!
- MOVE: Use WASD to move!
- ATTACK: Aim using your mouse, then click the left button to CHARGE towards it and attack enemies!
- Michelle Zhang: 2D Splash Art / Cinematic Animation
- Ethan Godwin: 2D Sprites / Player Animations
- Connor Blankenship: Level Design / Scripting
- Joseph Horak: Programming
- Marin Clark: Design / Scripting
- Will Sords: Audio Design
- Kelly Shen: Programming / 2D Enemy Art and Backgrounds
- Jasper Murphy: Composer
- Melody Geiger: Design / Support
VFX Assets from asset packs by kiddolink
|Authors||Rhia_a, Ethan Godwin, Kelly Shen, SoundStrider, noirie, trendywalnut, jehorak, Michelle Zhang, jaspercmurphy|
|Tags||2D, Bullet Hell, Cats, Comedy, Cute, Indie|
|Average session||A few seconds|
CATASTROPHE_Windows.zip 54 MB
Unzip the folder and open the .exe without moving any of the folder contents. Enjoy!
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The title screen and the electronic feel of the background music made me feel excited about the old PC world.
The stage is also nice with elaborate backgrounds and accessories.
The ending was very cute, and it was great to know what was happening in this world! Kitty kawaii!